2nd Annual Rapid Fire Challenge
The NY Restaurant Show congratulates Chef Reinhold Paul Teuscher, winner of the 2017 Rapid Fire Challenge!
Do you offer the best appetizer? Put your food to the test at the upcoming International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York for the chance to win $1,000 in our 2nd annual Rapid Fire Challenge!
Submit the recipe for your best appetizer and a short video on why you should be crowned the Rapid Fire Appetizer Champion (details below)! From the submissions, 3 chefs will be chosen to face-off live on our Culinary Demonstration Theater stage (where the likes of Emeril Lagasse, the Too Hot Tamales, Thomas Keller, Guy Fieri and more have taken the stage) and put their appetizer to the test by demonstrating their recipe and providing tastes for the audience and three esteemed judges. The appetizer can be anything you want! The only requirement is that your appetizer feature one local ingredient. Your locally sourced ingredient can be anything – cheese, bread, spice, protein… whatever your secret ingredient is!
The winner will be crowned the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York Rapid Fire Challenge Champion and receive $1,000 as well as gain exposure to over 100 media outlets including the New York Times, Huffington Post, and local television affiliates as well as 20,000 of your industry peers!
Think you have the best App? Check out the details below and then send in your submission today!
Here's some inspiration:
Here are all the details:
- Submissions must include the recipe for your appetizer (which must note the locally sourced ingredient) and a video submission of why you should be crowned the Rapid Fire Champ! Don't get hung up on the video production - your energy is more important than the video quality...it can be as be as simple as being shot with your smart phone! You must send this to email@example.com no later than January 23.
- Videos will be added to the New York Restaurant Show Facebook page for peer voting for the Top 3 best appetizers and presentation.
- The top 3 chefs must be available to do a culinary demonstration of their dish on Sunday, March 5, 2017 at the show in NYC.
- At the show, the top 3 chefs will each be given 20 minutes to demo their dish for 3 esteemed judges. They should also plan on having samples available for about 75 audience members and press who will also have a vote.
- The judges and audience will then crown the Rapid Fire: Appetizer Edition Champion!
Enter today... bragging rights are at stake!
*Please note - Chefs are responsible for cost of ingredients and any travel associated with participation.
*Show management reserves the right to make the final decision on competition based on number of submissions.