Mardi Gras Edition
Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Center Stage
Calling All Bartenders! SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 1/18/19! DON'T MISS OUT!
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of NY and Professional Bartenders Association have teamed up to find the bartender with the best "New Orleans" cocktail. Hip Sip's Battle of the Modern Bartender returns this year with a twist, bringing the Big Easy to the Big Apple in honor of Fat Tuesday! Bartenders will be judged on creativity, use of product, taste, presentation,and flair. Chosen finalists will battle in this fun and exciting competition for the chance to win $1,000, bragging rights, a Q&A with photo in the April 2019 issue of Bar Business Magazine, and a commemorative, glass plaque of the featured article. This is your opportunity to shake it up and showcase your best French 75, Hurricane, Sazerac, Vieux Carré, etc., and get those creative skills noticed for a chance to win. Get those submissions in today, y'all!
Sponsored and moderated by:
- Open to any bartender currently working in the bar, restaurant, or spirits industry (US & International).
- Submissions open on Monday, November 12, 2018 and close on Friday, January 18, 2019. They must be sent to Patricia Copela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If chosen as a finalist you must be available to compete on the NY Restaurant Show Center Stage on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, from 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM. Announcement of finalists will be made on Friday, January 18, 2019 and will be promoted online for the 6 weeks leading up to the show and then promoted at the show.
- Recipe submissions must be expressed in ounces, drops, or dashes and scaled for a single serving.
- A video submission, no longer than 1-2 minutes - this is your chance to show your personality and/or flair - can be as simple as having been shot with your smart phone. A photo of the cocktail and recipe are required. Your headshot, full name, title and bar/restaurant affiliation, as well as your bio, should be included. Incomplete submissions will not be accpeted.
- Cocktails will be judged on creativity, use of product, taste, and presentation.
- The base spirit must come from one of the spirit sponsor categories (spirit list updated weekly). The base spirit will be provided for use at the competition. Garnishes and other ingredients are the responsibility of the competitor.
- No more than six ingredients (excluding garnish) per recipe.
- Homemade ingredients are welcome.
- Ingredients should be available year-round (nothing too seasonal).
- Finalists are responsible for travel to the show and, except for the base spirit, which will be provided, for the cost of their ingredients.
- The winning bartender and recipe will be featured on the NY Restaurant Show's website, newsletter, and social media channels, the Professional Bartenders Association's website, and in Bar Business Magazine. The $1,000 cash prize is provided by the NY Restaurant Show.
SUBMIT YOUR COCKTAIL RECIPE AND VIDEO
TO PCOPELA@URBAN-EXPO.COM TODAY!
*Competitors must supply all cocktail ingredients - excluding the spirit base - used in competition and are responsible for their own travel expenses.
HIP SIP SPIRIT SPONSORS:
MEET THE JUDGES
Claire M. Marin
Proprietor, Catskill Provisions
6x Author/Chef/Barman/Cannabis Alchemist
HIP SIP SUPPORTERS:
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE HIP SIP COMPETITION?
Please contact Patricia Copela at email@example.com or 203.202.3823