Sunday, March 3, 2019, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM - Center Stage
The NY Restaurant Show congratulates James Menite, World Renowned Bartender from the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel, as the winner of the 2018 Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender!
Calling All Bartenders!
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of NY and Professional Bartenders Association has teamed up to find the best bartender in the region through the Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender competition. Bartenders will be judged on creativity, use of product, taste, presentation and flair. The nine finalists chosen to compete will battle in their respective spirit category and then the three winners of those rounds will advance into a sudden death round for the opportunity to be crowned the overall winner! This is your opportunity to shake it up and get those creative skills noticed for a chance to win $1,000!
- Competition is open to any bartender currently working in the bar, restaurant or spirits industry (US & International).
- Submissions will be accepted online and if chosen as a finalist you must be available to compete at the NY Restaurant Show on Sunday, March 3, 2019 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Recipe submissions must be expressed in ounces, drops, or dashes and scaled for a single serving. No frozen drinks permitted.
- A video submission, no longer than 1-2 minutes (this is your chance to show your personality and flair), videos can be as simple as being shot with your smart phone, photo of the cocktail and recipe is required.
- Cocktails will be judged on creativity, use of product, taste, presentation and flair.
- The base spirit must come from one of the three spirit sponsor categories (see spirit list below). The base spirit will be provided to use at the competition. Garnishes and other ingredients are the responsibility of the competitor.
- No more than four ingredients (excluding garnish) per recipe.
- Homemade ingredients are welcomed.
- Ingredients should be available year-round, nothing too seasonal.
- Submissions must be received no later than Wednesday, February 27, 2019 and sent to Patricia Copela at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be announced on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Top nine finalists are responsible for travel to the show and for the cost of their ingredients (minus the base spirit which will be provided).
- The winning bartender and recipe will be featured on the NY Restaurant Show's website, newsletter, and social media channels, the Professional Bartenders Association's website, and featured in Bar Business Magazine. $1,000 prize provided by the NY Restaurant Show.
SUBMIT YOUR COCKTAIL RECIPE AND VIDEO
TO PCOPELA@URBAN-EXPO.COM TODAY!
*The top 9 chosen bartenders are responsible for cost of their ingredients for the
cocktail demonstration and samples (excluding the spirit base), as well as travel to the show.
Hip Sip Judges:
In partnership with: