2021 Education Program Call for Papers
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York co-located with the Healthy Food Expo New York is now accepting submissions for presenting faculty for our 2021 Education Program. We are seeking talented speakers who are objective, dynamic, and have boundless enthusiasm for sharing their expertise and knowledge. The deadline to submit is March 5, 2021. Get your proposal(s) in today!
This year’s education program has been reformatted to provide the most relevant education to each segment of the hospitality marketplace. The new conference line-up consists of FOUR INDIVIDUAL SUMMITS, each serving the immediate and focused needs of the professionals outlined below:
- Independent Restaurant Operators Summit
- Commercial & Institutional Foodservice Summit
- Small to Mid Sized Chains Summit
- Retailer Summit
- TechBytes Summit
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Single - Presenter Sessions: These sessions present topics of interest in the foodservice market that enhance productivity or shed light on how to resolve particular problem or issue. Conference sessions can be single-leader, co-presenters, or panel formats with the goal of presenters sharing their insights and experise on a particular instance of industry knowledge. Sessions are approximately 60 minutes in length.
- Panel Presentations: The strongest consideration will be given to moderated panel discussions, featuring several leading experts from the foodservice industy to discuss a topic in one of the propsed tracks above.
- Roundtable Discussions, Topic Debates, Tastings, CEO/Celebrity Keynotes or Headliners.
SUGGESTIONS AND REMINDERS:
- Keep in mind that the quality of the description that you submit matters as well as titles! Be creative with your discussion but not too creative with your title - a short, to the point title works best. The ability for your description to clearly explain what the attendees will learn from you is the key to having your submission make it through evaluation.
- Product pitches are NOT education. Attendees do not like being sold on a specific company when they have invested their valuable time and money to recieve tactical training. A strong alternative is a hosted panel discussion of your top clients discussing the importance of a product/company like yours.
- Do a reality check on your submission. It is important to be aware of the marketplace and what's on attendee minds.
- All sessions will take place in Summit Education Theaters located on the Show floor.
Submissions are subjected to the following review:
- Originality - Topics should provide a unique perspective, viewpoint or way of doing something
- Timeliness and Interest - Topics should contain new material not previously presented at other events/or within our Food Show Portfolio if you are a returning speaker
- Educational Value - An objective presenation that meets the educational needs of the audience is optimal to enhancing the credibility of the speaker, the speaker's employer and the program
- The majority of our speaking opportunities will be supplied by food and beverage operator speakers. If you are a supplier or consultant interested in speaking, please supply examples of potential operator clients who could speak to the subject you’re submitting
- Sales pitches are NOT considered
- Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered
*Please note that Speakers are responsible for expenses as well as hotel and travel arrangements to the Show. Financial assistance is not provided.