THE INTERNATIONAL RESTAURANT SHOW, HEALTHY FOOD EXPO AND COFFEE FEST CONCLUDE IN NEW YORK WITH OVER 15,000 INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS IN ATTENDANCE
NEW YORK, NY March 12, 2019 – Trade show management company Clarion UX announced that 15,281 industry professionals attended the co-located International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York, Healthy Food Expo New York and Coffee Fest which were held at the Javits Center in New York City last week. The trade shows are produced and managed by Clarion UX as part of the Food & Beverage Group.
“What an exciting three days, the Javits Center was the place to be for the largest food & beverage experience in the Northeast. By bringing together the specialty coffee and tea industry and the healthy food marketplace with the restaurant and foodservice professionals we expanded the trade show floor and offered more special events, more education, more new products and more networking events than ever before,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President, Food & Beverage Group. “We received such positive feedback on the content in the education sessions and the opportunity to source new products from all 3 shows under one roof and we thank our exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, attendees, media partners, supporting organizations and partners who helped to make these three events a huge success.”
Highlights of the event, included:
- The exhibit hall, which was 33% larger than the event in 2018, offered new products and innovations from 547 exhibiting companies covering 91,000 square feet. There were many new exhibitors who participated to make this one of the largest exhibit halls in the NY Restaurant Show history.
- New this year, was the MATCH! program, where Clarion UX staff arranged meetings between restaurant and foodservice operators with participating exhibitors and suppliers.
- The Torch Award was presented by Melissa Autilio Fleischut, President & CEO of NYSRA to Chef Marcus Samuelsson in honor of his outstanding contribution to the industry. Samuelsson is the acclaimed chef behind many restaurants worldwide including Red Rooster Harlem, Red Rooster Shoreditch, and Marcus B&P.
- The Beacon Award was presented to Amanda Cohen, Chef/Owner, Dirt Candy by Kathleen Wood, Founder, Kathleen Wood Partners during the Foodservice Council for Women Panel. The Beacon Award recognizes a woman leader who has truly served as a Beacon for the industry through her leadership, contributions, and inspiration.
- Several Innovative Product Awards were presented including:
- The Best in Show Winner in the Featured Product Showcase was Allie’s GF Goodies
- The 1st Place Runner Up was Freedom Bakery, a division of Bake’n Joy Foods Inc.
- The 2nd Place Runner Up was Foraging Fox
- Best In Show Winner: Food Trends Experience was Planeteer LLC
- The Coffee Fest People’s Choice Winner was Cube Methods.
- Best in Show for Pitch the Press was RTE Cuisine.
- Coffee Fest had several exciting competitions. Winners included:
- Latte Art Winners: Champion- Emilee Bryant; Second Place – Daisuke Tanaka; Third Place – Paul Um
- America’s Best Espresso Winners: First Place – Counter Culture Coffee, Durham, NC; Second Place – Optimistic Café, New York, New York; Third Place – Oceana Coffee Roasters, Tequesta, Florida
- America’s Best Cold Brew – Still Winners: First Place – Spare Moment Coffee Roasters, Brooklyn, New York; Second Place – Little Bean Roasters, New York, New York; Third Place – ROUNDK, New York, New York
- America’s Best Cold Brew – Nitro Winners: First Place – Cervantes Coffee Roasters, Springfield, Virginia; Second Place – Think Coffee, Williamsburg, New York; Third Place – Little Amps Coffee Roasters, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Center Stage, sponsored by Total Foodservice, was packed all three days of the event and featured culinary demonstrations from renowned Chefs Pankaj Pradhan, John LoCascio, Mareya Ibrahim, Marcus Samuelsson, Anita Lo, Amanda Cohen, Fabio Viviani, Scottish Francis, Adam Lathan, Ron Duprat and a mixology demonstration by George Duval.
- Heidi Liv Tompkins, of Heidi's Health Kitchen won $1,000 for the Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition for her Heidi's Health Kitchen Raw Mock Tuna Recipe.
- Jared Bailey of Soho Cigar Bar won the Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition - Mardi Gras Edition, for his cocktail "Yays & Nays". The event was sponsored by Professional Bartenders Association and Bar Business Magazine.
- The education program expanded to offer 167 sessions with over 200 subject matter experts who spoke on a variety of important topics for restaurant and foodservice professionals, coffee shop owners and those involved with healthy foods. Many of the seminars and workshops were standing room only.
- The New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA), sponsors of the event, held a panel discussion of the Challenges Facing Small Businesses in New York which featured Taniedra McFadden, Sylvia’s Restaurant and Steven Pickler, NYC Department of Small Business Services.
- The NY State Department of Agriculture and Markets sponsored the 9th Annual Farm to City Expo featuring panelists from Speed Dial, FoodFutureCo., and Food Systems Consulting who talked about a Small Business Guide to Perfecting Your Pitch and Disrupting the Marketplace.
- At the close of the Show, City Harvest, the world's first food rescue organization dedicated to feeding the city's hungry men, women, and children were able to rescue 4,500 lbs. of food.
- The 2020 International Restaurant & Foodservice Show, Coffee Fest and Healthy Food Expo New York will be held March 8-10, 2020 back at the Javits Center in New York City.
Coffee Fest is a business-to-business event serving the specialty coffee and gourmet tea industries since 1992. Coffee Fest draws more than 10,000 coffee industry professionals together per year, connecting regional coffee communities through regional tradeshow events. For more details about Coffee Fest, to see the winners of Coffee Fest competitions and much more, visit www.coffeefest.com.
Healthy Food Expo New York brings attendees access to the latest healthy products from organic, vegan, gluten-free and allergy-safe to hormone-free, non-GMO, plant-based, low-sodium, low-fat, and more. The Healthy Food Expo offers education sessions focused on hot topics including Neuro-Nutrition, Trending Healthy Ingredients, Plant-Based Seafood, Food Allergies, Gluten-Free Options, Sourcing Local Food, Healthy Beverage Category, Prebiotics, Spice Sourcing, and much more. For more information, visit https://www.healthyfoodexpos.com/healthy-food-new-york.
Since 1993, The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York (www.internationalrestaurantny.com) has provided thousands of industry professionals with access to the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, special events, and hundreds of leading vendors and purveyors dedicated to serving the restaurant & foodservice community. The show is produced in partnership with the New York State Restaurant Association (www.nysra.org)
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com), which produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ. www.clarionux.com
# # #