2020 Rapid Fire Challenge: Dessert Edition
The 2020 Rapid Fire Challenge will host the dessert edition. Dessert is often overlooked but is such an important part of the overall meal experience. We are looking for the Chef who has the most delicious and creative dessert. Is it you?
The winner will be crowned the New York Restaurant Show Rapid Fire Champion, receive $1,000 and gain exposure to over 100 media outlets including the New York Times, Huffington Post, and Total Food Service as well as thousands of industry professionals!
What are you waiting for? Submit today for your chance to compete and showcase your talent!
- Submissions must include the title and recipe for your dessert, as well as, a video (only 1-2 minutes) submission of why you should be the champ (videos can be as simple as being shot with your smart phone). Please also include a bio and headshot (will be used to announce the top three chefs). Partially complete submissions will not be accepted. TIP: Remember the videos will be used for voting so make sure they are clear, creative and sell yourself.
- Submissions open on Monday, October 21, 2019 and will close on Monday, December 2, 2019. They must be sent to Patricia Copela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos will be added to the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY Facebook page for peer voting for the Top 3 best desserts and presentation. Online peer voting will take place from Wednesday, December 4, 2019 until Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- The final three competitors will be announced on Thursday, December 12, 2019. The top three chefs must be available to do a culinary demonstration of their dish on Monday, March 9, 2020, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm on the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY's Center Stage.
- At the show, the top three chefs will each be given a total of 20 minutes to demo their dessert for up to four esteemed judges. They should also plan on having samples available for about 50 audience members and press. There will be scheduled prep time.
- The judges and audience will then crown the Rapid Fire Challenge: Dessert Edition Champion!
- BONUS: The top three chefs to compete will get to wear and keep Boldric's classic apron to keep them structured and organized on stage and back in their own kitchens!
Meet The Judges:
Partner, @aosbysosa / Co-host @rolandsfoodcourt @siriusxm
Director of Pastry Operations, International Culinary Center
Corporate Chef, Special Events Director, Private Dining/Catering Manager,
Congratulations to our Previous Winners!
2019 Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition
Heidi Liv Tompkins, Co-Founder, CFO, Product Development Mgr, Heidi's Health Kitchen
2018 Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatball Madness Edition
George Giotsas, Owner of Little Mark's Big BBQ
2017 Rapid Fire Challenge: Appetizer Edition
Chef Reinhold Paul Teuscher
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE RAPID FIRE CHALLENGE?
Please contact Patricia Copela for more details on how to get involved at email@example.com