2019 Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition
Monday, March 4, 2019, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM, Center Stage
Let's get meatless! Are you ready to bring on the veggies for a chance to win $1,000?!
This year's Rapid Fire Challenge theme is Meatless Monday! Bring on your favorite dishes minus the meat! Chefs are encouraged to get creative and be ready for your one shining moment!
The winner will be crowned the New York Restaurant Show Rapid Fire Champion, receive $1,000 and gain exposure to over 100 media outlets including the New York Times, Huffington Post, and Total Food Service as well as thousands of industry professionals! In addition, Meatless Monday will write a personality piece about the winner which will be sent in their weekly email newsletter featured on their homepage and promoted via their social media channels. The winning recipe will accompany the piece, and will permanently be included in the Meatless Monday recipe database, crediting the winning chef and linking to his/her website.
What are you waiting for? Submit today for your chance to win!
Sponsored and moderated by:
- Submissions must include the title and recipe for your meatless dish, as well as, a video (only 1-2 minutes) submission of why you should be the champ (videos can be as simple as being shot with your smart phone). Please also include a bio and headshot (will be used to announce the top three chefs). Partially complete submissions will not be accepted. TIP: Remember the videos will be used for voting so make sure they are clear, creative and sell yourself.
- Submissions open on Thursday, November 1, 2018 and will close on Friday, November 30, 2018. They must be sent to Patricia Copela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos will be added to the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY Facebook page for peer voting for the Top 3 best meatless dish and presentation. Online peer voting will take place from Wednesday, December 4, 2018 until Wednesday, December 11, 2018.
- The final three competitors will be announced on Thursday, December 12, 2018. The top three chefs must be available to do a culinary demonstration of their dish on Monday, March 4, 2019, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm on the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY's Center Stage.
- At the show, the top three chefs will each be given a total of 20 minutes to demo their meatless dish for up to four esteemed judges. They should also plan on having samples available for about 50 audience members and press.
- The judges and audience will then crown the Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition Champion!
SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE AND VIDEO TO PCOPELA@URBAN-EXPO.COM TODAY!
*Top 3 chosen chefs/restaurants are responsible for cost of their ingredients for the culinary demonstrations and samples, as well as travel to the show.
MEET THE JUDGES:
Maria Loi, Chef, Cookbook Author, Greek Food Ambassador, Healthy Lifestyle Expert
Peggy Neu, President, The Monday Campaigns
Gennaro Pecchia, Partner, @aosbysosa / Co-host @rolandsfoodcourt @siriusxm
Chef, Culinary Personality, Restaurateur, Cookbook Author
Rapid Fire Supporters
Congratulations to our Previous Winners!
2018 Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatball Madness Edition
George Giotsas, Owner of Little Mark's Big BBQ
2017 Rapid Fire Challenge: Appetizer Edition
Chef Reinhold Paul Teuscher
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE RAPID FIRE CHALLENGE?
Please contact Patricia Copela for more details on how to get involved at email@example.com or 203.202.3823